K36 Ancestral Report and Chromosomal Analysis - post results

Talorgan MacDerelei
Ethnicity: Scottish
Y-DNA haplogroup: R1b L21
mtDNA haplogroup: H3

Re: K36 Ancestral Report and Chromosomal Analysis - post results

Post by Talorgan MacDerelei » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:25 pm

LM results. Look fairly typical for someone from Britain compared to other results I've seen on other forums.

Attachments
3.PNG
3.PNG (125.76 KiB) Viewed 256 times

Elysium Sweden
Ethnicity: Swedish
Y-DNA haplogroup: I-L22
mtDNA haplogroup: H1c

Post by Elysium » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:49 pm

Really interesting and a lot of information! It was hard to pick out what to show. :oops:

Furhermore,I was surprised that Svealand showed up as the closest Swedish connection rather than Götaland and that some regions in Norway are a closer match than Götaland. It does make sense to an extent but the large percentages threw me off, haha. :D

ImageImage

Topic author
LukaszM Poland
Ethnicity: Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup: R1a > M198 > YP 1337

Post by LukaszM » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:55 pm

Elysium wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:49 pm
Really interesting and a lot of information! It was hard to pick out what to show. :oops:

Furhermore,I was surprised that Svealand showed up as the closest Swedish connection rather than Götaland and that some regions in Norway are a closer match than Götaland. It does make sense to an extent but the large percentages threw me off, haha. :D
Oh, I didn't know you are forum member here:) I think Svealand and Gotaland differences must be small overall. The most different Swedish region is Norrland.
K36 Ancestry Report (nMonte3 & Admix4 oracles, correlation map, PCA, MDS, dendrogram)
www.lm-genetics.ovh

Elysium Sweden
Ethnicity: Swedish
Y-DNA haplogroup: I-L22
mtDNA haplogroup: H1c

Post by Elysium » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:22 pm

LukaszM wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:55 pm

Oh, I didn't know you are forum member here:) I think Svealand and Gotaland differences must be small overall. The most different Swedish region is Norrland.
Hehe, I see your remember my results. Thanks for a really interesting analysis! :D

Yeah, it wouldn't surprised me if they were quite small. Most ancestors I've researched in Götaland and Svealand have moved around quite a bit compared to my more Southern ties.
Regarding Norrland, I wouldn't be surprised if they have more typical Finnish or Sami admixture compared to the south. :)

Arcadiaville
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly

Post by Arcadiaville » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Talorgan MacDerelei wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:25 pm
LM results. Look fairly typical for someone from Britain compared to other results I've seen on other forums.

@Talorgan MacDerelei,
Since I assume my lineage to be mostly British and have noted another poster with British ancestry on the forum questioning the Iberian admixture on this Oracle, I have a few questions about your post if you are comfortable responding:
- Do you understand the methodology used in taking the Eurogenes calculator to an admixture Oracle? It says on the Eurogenes calculator not to take the results too literally as the high K value could make results look 'like soup.'
- Have you seen a fair amount of fully or mostly British testers on the other forums that you participate with? If so, would you recall the general AC %, e.g. Do most get highest N. Atlantic, N. Sea, Iberian combinations? Is there a difference between Scottish and English results?
- N. Sea description: In the Oracle description that you captured with your screen-shot, do you know what is meant by the reference to N. Sea similarity? "It's also worth mentioning that some similar regions like those from the North Sea Germanic cluster can show up even if they aren't part of your actual ancestry." What other regions is the N. Sea considered similar to?
- Do you have an opinion on the LM Genetics and Tomenable (another Polish member who gathers Gedmatch kits used for calculator) theory that average British (possibly more English) have primarily Romano British origins and whether this is consistent with Iberian population utilized in K36 calculator?

Talorgan MacDerelei
Ethnicity: Scottish
Y-DNA haplogroup: R1b L21
mtDNA haplogroup: H3

Post by Talorgan MacDerelei » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:14 pm

- Have you seen a fair amount of fully or mostly British testers on the other forums that you participate with? If so, would you recall the general AC %, e.g. Do most get highest N. Atlantic, N. Sea, Iberian combinations? Is there a difference between Scottish and English results?
So, I've seen a small number of results from other British and Irish testers who have taken the LM Genetics test, browsing various blogs and forums, and, from what I can see from this small sample, it seems quite typical for British and Irish testers to get highlighted regions from north-west France, and northern Germany/Netherlands alongside their British/Irish regions. This is all I meant when I said my results look typical for someone from Britain.
- Do you understand the methodology used in taking the Eurogenes calculator to an admixture Oracle? It says on the Eurogenes calculator not to take the results too literally as the high K value could make results look 'like soup.'
I'm not sure about the methods used in these calculators. It would be better to ask the creators.
- N. Sea description: In the Oracle description that you captured with your screen-shot, do you know what is meant by the reference to N. Sea similarity? "It's also worth mentioning that some similar regions like those from the North Sea Germanic cluster can show up even if they aren't part of your actual ancestry." What other regions is the N. Sea considered similar to?
Again, I don't think I'm the best person to ask, but I would assume that the North Sea region includes all regions bordering the North Sea, and that 'North Sea Similarity' refers to the possible overlap in results in people from this area, i.e British people might get some Dutch regions highlighted and vice versa.
- Do you have an opinion on the LM Genetics and Tomenable (another Polish member who gathers Gedmatch kits used for calculator) theory that average British (possibly more English) have primarily Romano British origins and whether this is consistent with Iberian population utilized in K36 calculator?
Depends what is meant by Romano-British. If it means the Pre-Roman population intermixed with a much smaller amount of Roman era migrants, then I think this would indeed make up the nucleus of today's British population, along with a smaller but still substantial amount of gene flow associated with the Anglo-Saxon and Viking periods.

Return to “other”