Eurogenes K13 calculator

Discuss results from yourDNAportal
User avatar

tdd85 United States of America
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 4:57 am
yourDNAportal profile: https://www.yourdnaportal.com/pp/TIM6fa6e66f
Location: Michigan
Y-DNA haplogroup: R1b-L11
mtDNA haplogroup: U8b'c
Gender: man
Has thanked: 430 times
Been thanked: 161 times

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by tdd85 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:09 am

Mhorstemeyer92 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:56 am
1. Baltic @ 46.90%
2. North Atlantic @ 31.58%
3. West Mediterranean @ 9.76%
4. East Mediterranean @ 4.81%
5. West Asian @ 3.04%
6. Siberian @ 0.87%
7. Red Sea @ 0.76%
8. Sub-Saharan @ 0.49%
9. East Asian @ 0.37%
10. Oceanian @ 0.21%
11. Amerindian @ 0.03%
You must be a Slav! :P

Mhorstemeyer92 United States of America
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:34 pm
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by Mhorstemeyer92 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:58 pm

Closest population distances:
1. Polish 0.3497204
2. Belarusian 0.4186874
3. Estonian_Polish 0.4612952
4. Russian_Smolensk 0.5028662
5. South_Polish 0.6399338
6. Ukrainian 0.6540485
7. Estonian 0.7232648
8. Southwest_Russian 0.7293387.

I was adopted from Poland.

jm17 Great Britain
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:30 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by jm17 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Hi can someone please help me explain my results? My 23andMe Ancestry Test gave me 84% Ashkenazi and the rest North/Central/Southern Europe.

North Atlantic - 16.54%
Baltic - 12.62%
East Med - 36.10%
West Med - 18.23%
West Asian 8.97%
Red Sea - 3.18%
Siberian - 2.71%

Thanks
User avatar

Arcadiaville
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:52 pm
Location: USA
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly
Gender: woman
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 273 times

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:27 pm

jm17 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:50 pm
Hi can someone please help me explain my results? My 23andMe Ancestry Test gave me 84% Ashkenazi and the rest North/Central/Southern Europe.

North Atlantic - 16.54%
Baltic - 12.62%
East Med - 36.10%
West Med - 18.23%
West Asian 8.97%
Red Sea - 3.18%
Siberian - 2.71%

Thanks
I believe that the Ashkenazi score from 23andMe correlates with the East Med & Red Sea on this calculator but am not certain of the % correlation. I have heard that 23andMe has a strong Ashkenazi sample base. You might also try running your results through the Eurogenes JTest calculator (also available on YourDNAPortal platform). I have heard that results over 3% or 5%, depending on source, show possible Ashkenazi ancestry. However, the calculator developer is also on record for saying that the test is outdated and should not be taken too literally. Therefore, it might be more effective to run your results and then compare to others with a similar ancestry trail.

The Baltic score seems to correlate with N Central score and West Med with S. Euro on 23andMe's test. However, I still keep an open mind on how accurate ancestry ethnicity results are at this time with the science.

jm17 Great Britain
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:30 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by jm17 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:05 pm

The J-Test gave me 25% Ashkenazim and the other highest percentage was East Med. Does this mean that a large portion of typical Ashkenazi DNA comes from near east/west asia?
Arcadiaville wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:27 pm
jm17 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:50 pm
Hi can someone please help me explain my results? My 23andMe Ancestry Test gave me 84% Ashkenazi and the rest North/Central/Southern Europe.

North Atlantic - 16.54%
Baltic - 12.62%
East Med - 36.10%
West Med - 18.23%
West Asian 8.97%
Red Sea - 3.18%
Siberian - 2.71%

Thanks
I believe that the Ashkenazi score from 23andMe correlates with the East Med & Red Sea on this calculator but am not certain of the % correlation. I have heard that 23andMe has a strong Ashkenazi sample base. You might also try running your results through the Eurogenes JTest calculator (also available on YourDNAPortal platform). I have heard that results over 3% or 5%, depending on source, show possible Ashkenazi ancestry. However, the calculator developer is also on record for saying that the test is outdated and should not be taken too literally. Therefore, it might be more effective to run your results and then compare to others with a similar ancestry trail.

The Baltic score seems to correlate with N Central score and West Med with S. Euro on 23andMe's test. However, I still keep an open mind on how accurate ancestry ethnicity results are at this time with the science.

Leto Brunei
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:13 pm
yourDNAportal profile: https://yourdnaportal.com
Gender: man

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by Leto » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 pm

deputat wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:57 am
Population Percentage
North_Atlantic 22.80%
Baltic 31.27%
West Mediterranean 6.61%
West Asian 8.40%
East Mediterranean 4.51%
Red Sea 0.68%
South Asian 0.00%
East Asian 7.07%
Siberian 16.79%
Amerindian 1.81%
Oceanian 0.04%
Northeast African 0.00%
Sub-Saharan 0.00%

EUtest V2 K15
Closest population distance
Population Distance
Tatar 0.9009483
Saami_Finland 1.5191669
East_Finnish 1.6868322
Finnish 1.915194
Kargopol_Russian 1.9371853
Moldavian 2.035197
Chuvash 2.0707989
Erzya 2.1234284
Interesting results. Are you a Volga Tatar? Which parts of Russia are you from? The average Mongoloid (East Asian, Siberian, etc.) for Volga Tatars is around 20 percent while you score as much as 25%!

Leto Brunei
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:13 pm
yourDNAportal profile: https://yourdnaportal.com
Gender: man

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by Leto » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:20 pm

royalfortune wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am
Hi

Can anyone advise me on what the genetic distances mean?

What is 1 close? How close can you get to zero?

My results, I am Russian from Don cossack region:

Closest population distances
Population Distance
Ukrainian_Lviv 0.9501451
Ukrainian 1.0111552
Ukrainian_Belgorod 1.0436742
Southwest_Russian 1.1306848
Kargopol_Russian 1.1701002
Polish 1.1918086
Russian_Smolensk 1.2047937
South_Polish 1.2204176


Population Value
Ukrainian_Lviv 68.8
Erzya 17.6
Kargopol_Russian 6.8
Tatar 1.6
Hi,

Can you share your admixture proportions?
User avatar

Arcadiaville
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:52 pm
Location: USA
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly
Gender: woman
Has thanked: 355 times
Been thanked: 273 times

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:53 pm

jm17 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:05 pm
The J-Test gave me 25% Ashkenazim and the other highest percentage was East Med. Does this mean that a large portion of typical Ashkenazi DNA comes from near east/west asia?
Sorry, I am not that knowledgeable about this ancestry component or population migration and origin theories. You may wish to try the Eurogenes blog or another forum with heavy ethnicity admixture discussions.

19scohen Israel
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:11 am
yourDNAportal profile: https://www.yourdnaportal.com/pp/SAM7304cbf9
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by 19scohen » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:14 am

East Mediterranean-31.38%
West Mediterranean-19.44%
North_Atlantic-16.72%
Baltic-12.63%
West Asian-8.49%
Red Sea-6.29%
South Asian-1.29%
East Asian-1.05%
Siberian-1.03%
Northeast African-0.95%
Sub-Saharan-0.72%

Sid France
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 pm
yourDNAportal profile: http://www.yourdnaportal.com
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Eurogenes K13 calculator

Post by Sid » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Population Percentage
North_Atlantic 10.79%
West Mediterranean 21.92%
East Mediterranean 28.97%
East Asia 0.62%
Amerindian 0.28%
Oceanian 0.06%
Northeast African 11.08%
Sub-Saharan 9.2%

Iam North African
Post Reply

Return to “yourDNAportal”