Sulis Great Britain
Site Admin

yourDNAportal is mentioned in this article about DNA

Post by Sulis » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Arcadiaville
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly

Re: yourDNAportal is mentioned in this article about DNA

Post by Arcadiaville » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Kudos! Your DNA Portal is on the DNA consumer genetics map! 8-) I wish that the blogger, however, had better presented his rationale for excluding his ancestry results with the portal:
Although I originally intended to include my ‘YourDNAPortal’ results, for the sake of brevity I have omitted them. YourDNAPortal has several calculators that give widely varying results depending on the groups the calculators include.

Hopefully, readers will be sophisticated enough to understand that it is the nature of current admixture calculators across any platform, e.g. Your DNA Portal or Gedmatch, and not any underlying methodology flaw with Your DNA Portal, that may result in Calculator A showing a top British Isles match versus Calculator B showing another result, as an example. The member Tomenable already presented an argument in the forum that a user received different % results in the portal's calculators which I believe further investigation has proved to not occur at level which would effect population matches.

Return to “The Lounge”