Eurasia K5 Admixture - GenePlaza.com - Deeper East & South Eurasian, Siberian, & Basal Eurasian/African segments

Topic author
Arcadiaville
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly

Eurasia K5 Admixture - GenePlaza.com - Deeper East & South Eurasian, Siberian, & Basal Eurasian/African segments

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:59 pm

I recently tried the K5 Admixture app in the GenePlaza.com App store to look into my deeper ancestry:
GenePlaza_K5 Admixture.JPG
K5 Admixture App
GenePlaza_K5 Admixture.JPG (18.65 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Here are my results as a mostly British Isles by paper trail but various small trace ancestry per certain genetic commercial tests such as S. Asian on LivingDNA and Native American on 23andMe:
GenePlaza_K5 Admixture_Results.JPG
K5 Admixture Results
GenePlaza_K5 Admixture_Results.JPG (25.05 KiB) Viewed 363 times

The test claims that it looks at older Eurasian and African components:
The Eurasia K5 admixture calculator was specifically designed to measure relatedness of individuals to highly diverged populations of Eurasia, to wit:

West Eurasians
South Eurasians
East Eurasians
Eastern Siberians & Native Americans
Basal Eurasians & Africans

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Re: Eurasia K5 Admixture - GenePlaza.com - Deeper East & South Eurasian, Siberian, & Basal Eurasian/African segments

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:02 pm

Goal of the K5 Admixture deeper ancestry test per test-maker Dilawer Khan:

The Eurasia K5 admixture calculator was specifically designed to measure relatedness of individuals to highly diverged populations of Eurasia, to wit:

West Eurasians
South Eurasians
East Eurasians
Eastern Siberians & Native Americans
Basal Eurasians & Africans
Differences between the Eurasia K5, commercial ancestry tests, and other Admixture program based calculators:

In contrast to commercial ancestry tests and other Admixture program based calculators, the Eurasia K5 is designed to detect TOTAL DEEPER RELATEDNESS between the test subject and the aforementioned divergent populations than other tests.

Commercial DNA ancestry tests can detect East or South Asian ancestry in Europeans or West Asians only if there is recent admixture, however they are not designed to find older such ancestry that may have introgressed during Medieval, Iron Age, Bronze Age, or Neolithic times. Similarly other Admixture program based calculators do the same. The reason for this is that a test subject's DNA is compared to many other West Asian or European populations and many South or East Asian DNA segments go unreported because they are incorporated into the West Asian or European references via older admixture from Iron Age Steppe nomads or Turkic migrations into West Asia and Europe. In other words these older East or South Asian DNA segments are not reported under East or South Asian in the test subject's test results. This calculator seeks to find those older East Eurasian, South Eurasian, Siberian, and Basal Eurasian/African segments in the user's DNA.

Similarly, this test also seeks to find older West Eurasian, Siberian, and Basal Eurasian DNA segments in East Asian users. Ditto for testers from the Americas and Africa.

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Re: Eurasia K5 Admixture - GenePlaza.com - Deeper East & South Eurasian, Siberian, & Basal Eurasian/African segments

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:03 pm

K5 human waves of migration map:
Attachments
GenePlaza_K5 Admixture_Human Waves of Migration Map.JPG
GenePlaza_K5 Admixture_Human Waves of Migration Map.JPG (104.17 KiB) Viewed 362 times

Redbeard United States of America

Post by Redbeard » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:56 pm

C02B6BC8-5B84-4A05-A4BC-5C368DC259C4.jpeg
C02B6BC8-5B84-4A05-A4BC-5C368DC259C4.jpeg (313.39 KiB) Viewed 328 times

Topic author
Arcadiaville

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Interesting test to see a deep dive into our ancient origins. Redbeard's results are not too dissimilar to mine, with my Siberian being the biggest difference. On modern tests I show up as mostly British. If I recall Redbeard's origins are more eastern Europe.

Numidia
yourDNAportal profile: https://www.yourdnaportal.com/pp/ROO5f5c22e9

Post by Numidia » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Hello, my Geneplaza K5 results:
90,3% West Eurasian
4,2% Basal Eurasian/Africa
2,9% Siberian American-Indian
2% South Eurasian
0,6% East Eurasian

Yaro
Y-DNA haplogroup: J-M205
mtDNA haplogroup: k1a4a1a2

Post by Yaro » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 pm

My results.
As full blood northern italian from Veneto (as far as I can go... 3 generation), I have a weirdly high east asian/siberian percentage.

Return to “Ancient DNA (aDNA)”