SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Discussion of SAPDA related software

Topic author
Dilawer Pakistan

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Dilawer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:02 am

Jeep wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:54 pm
I have had time to think about this test last couple of days. This pretty much matches the Eurasian ancestry. Here are some photos of my Great Grandmother and Great Aunt. They absolutely looked of Asian admixture.

Correct me if wrong, but the test shows their Eurasian to be a combination of more recent admixture? I myself am mostly Scots Irish, Irish, English, Scottish but I do also have ancestors from genealogy from Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands. Thanks

FB_IMG_1576848282327.jpgFB_IMG_1576581479104.jpg
Just like you previously mentioned. Admixture tests out there use references who themselves have underlying East Asian admixture as a result of historical events such as Turkic And Iron Age Steppe movements west into Europe. Obviously tests using those types of references are not designed to detect such underlying admixture
EurasianDNA.com - A study of the population history of Eurasia with an emphasis on the demography of West & South Asia

Topic author
Dilawer Pakistan

Post by Dilawer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:21 am

I would also like to take a minute and comment about certain amateur bloggers bashing some of the tests I have designed and some of the software I have written. From time to time I get these reports from some of my followers . Specifically, a blogger who goes by the name of Davidski. I’m not sure who the guy really is as a public online search doesn’t really identify him or his academic qualifications if he even has any.

Without specifying any specifics his claims regrading my tests don’t make sense from a scientific perspective and are in fact hilarious. If anyone has any concern regarding some of his comments regarding my work, I don’t mind at all if you share that here. I have no problem scientifically refuting some of his ridiculous claims. For those interested, I have shown a comparison of results of this test vs. “Davidski” Eurogenes test on a high coverage Neanderthal genome with figure 1 at https://eurasiandna.com/sapda-admixtur ... revisions/. You decide which result makes more sense based on the scientific evidence of Neanderthal admixture with modern humans.
EurasianDNA.com - A study of the population history of Eurasia with an emphasis on the demography of West & South Asia

Jeep United States of America

Post by Jeep » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:20 am

I believe knowing the phenotypes of my people that your test makes the most sense in a pure racial point of view perspective.

The first, I have actual seen that at approximately 7% EA and 2% Siberian/NA that does make sense.

I will send you the African sub saharan triangulation results when I have time. The triangulation is to African American cousins from admixed populations in Virginia and North Carolina to that African DNA on chrome one.

The surname origin of the family photos I posted is WOLF. It is believed that originally my Great Grandmother people came from Switzerland but we have many brickwalls.

I agree with your assessment that they must have Turkic or Tartar ancestry.

Post by Jeep » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Jeep wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:20 am
I believe knowing the phenotypes of my people that your test makes the most sense in a pure racial point of view perspective.

The first, I have actual seen that at approximately 7% EA and 2% Siberian/NA that does make sense.

I will send you the African sub saharan triangulation results when I have time. The triangulation is to African American cousins from admixed populations in Virginia and North Carolina to that African DNA on chrome one.

The surname origin of the family photos I posted is WOLF. It is believed that originally my Great Grandmother people came from Switzerland but we have many brickwalls.

Diwaler found some time today. Yes here are the triangulation from gedmatch also 23andme results and showing the sub saharan matches on chome one some are African American cousins.
FB_IMG_1577651197098.jpg
FB_IMG_1577651197098.jpg (68.43 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
20191229_150523.jpg
20191229_150523.jpg (146.27 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
20191229_144758.jpg
20191229_144758.jpg (93.01 KiB) Viewed 2526 times

Post by Jeep » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:51 pm

20191229_145409.jpg
20191229_145409.jpg (177.57 KiB) Viewed 2526 times
Jeep wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:50 pm
Jeep wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:20 am

Diwaler found some time today. Yes here are the triangulation from gedmatch also 23andme results and showing the sub saharan matches on chome one some are African American cousins.

FB_IMG_1577651197098.jpg

20191229_150523.jpg20191229_144758.jpg

Post by Jeep » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:00 pm

Interestingly you can hover for the gene location. Being much of my ancestry is already "painted" by family so far the Siberian/NA is from Adams family out of Oklahoma and East Eurasian Mongol/Chinese is from the Peace/Miller/Wolf family this totally backs up genealogy and phenotype!!!!!
image (1).jpg
image (1).jpg (230.41 KiB) Viewed 2487 times
image (3).jpg
image (3).jpg (220.11 KiB) Viewed 2487 times

Gomes Portugal
Ethnicity: Iberian

Post by Gomes » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:29 am

WEST EURASIAN 85.5%
EAST AFRICAN 7%
WEST AFRICAN 5.5%
SIBERIAN - AMERICAN 2%
EAST EURASIAN 0%

Post by Jeep » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:57 pm

Yeah this pretty amazing tests. Some of the SNP's are actually not found in Europeans at all.

That definitely means they come from East Asian or Siberian Native American populations.

rs117474535nativeamerican2.jpg
rs117474535nativeamerican2.jpg (90.47 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
rs117474535nativeamerican.jpg
rs117474535nativeamerican.jpg (178.73 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
rs61484219.jpg
rs61484219.jpg (209.96 KiB) Viewed 2463 times

Arcadiaville
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:00 pm

@ Dilawer Khan,
Would you be interested in discussing how your Native American alleles test ("See how many alleles you have that are indicative of Native American origins.") in the "Your DNA Portal" Ancestry section interacts with the Siberian-Amerindian component of your SAPDA ancestry test at GenePlaza? If so, we could move the discussion to that thread if preferred as you may not wish to narrowly focus on 1 component here. Based on your earlier comment, I assume that your NA alleles test is measuring more recent admixture whereas SAPDA is looking at deep origins that may or may not correlate with modern ancestry.

Edit: I show Siberian-Amerindian component within average range for Western Euros posting on thread thus far and 0 Native American alleles on that test. Therefore, I wonder if the small NA that a commercial genetic test has shown is "real" or assumed due to historical migratory assumptions.

Arcadiaville
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly

Post by Arcadiaville » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Dilawer wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:21 am
I would also like to take a minute and comment about certain amateur bloggers bashing some of the tests I have designed and some of the software I have written. From time to time I get these reports from some of my followers . Specifically, a blogger who goes by the name of Davidski. I’m not sure who the guy really is as a public online search doesn’t really identify him or his academic qualifications if he even has any.

Without specifying any specifics his claims regrading my tests don’t make sense from a scientific perspective and are in fact hilarious. If anyone has any concern regarding some of his comments regarding my work, I don’t mind at all if you share that here. I have no problem scientifically refuting some of his ridiculous claims. For those interested, I have shown a comparison of results of this test vs. “Davidski” Eurogenes test on a high coverage Neanderthal genome with figure 1 at https://eurasiandna.com/sapda-admixtur ... revisions/. You decide which result makes more sense based on the scientific evidence of Neanderthal admixture with modern humans.
Ironic and interesting case as his moniker "Eurogenes" is quite famous in the genetic anthropology community due to Gedmatch calculators. :?: He has a real-sounding name when he was co-featured along with Pontikos in a rise of the genome bloggers Nature article back in the early 2000's. However, the interview may have been conducted over the web or telephone. I have never heard of anyone alleging any issues with sending their DNA kit to him for the private tests that he sells via Eurogenes. I admit that I was impressed when a Japanese tester scored (1) Japanese results in his Eurogenes calculator designed primarily for Europeans.

It would seem that by now that someone living in Australia, where the article alleged that he lives, would have bragged about having their Steppe ancestry or "guess my ethnicity" results from the famous neighbor given the millions of DNA tests since taken. :) And how many DNA tests with 23andMe and the like give rise to mass confusion, rather than clarity, about one's ethnic origins, hence the foray into the Gedmatch admixture calculator world? ;) Does anyone know of any issues with sending your kit to him for his G25 offering as I see many discussions online about these results?

Return to “SAPDA test at GenePlaza.com”