SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Discussion of SAPDA related software

Jeep United States of America
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Jeep » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Dilawer,

I disagree with West African because I have triangulated with African American cousins at Gedmatch with a large Sub Saharan "chunk" on chrome 1. Also, the genealogy matches Harris and Stewart families and the matches are showing at 3rd cousin level.

I believe in drilling down and triangulation with your matches. I show African at Gedmatch, FTDNA, and 23andme. On your calculator I do show alles there at that same location.

Jeep United States of America
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Jeep » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:34 am

Ahhh, this test is mostly for Eurasian genetics to pin point East Asian ancestry.

In photo is my Great Grandmother Christiana and my Great Aunt Ethel Lee. As you can see, they definitely showed East Asian or Native American traits such as the Asian eyefold.
FB_IMG_1576581479104.jpg
FB_IMG_1576581479104.jpg (22.99 KiB) Viewed 2460 times

Jeep United States of America
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Jeep » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:42 am

Then we can get into the whole is "phenotype is not genotype" debate. But you guys are better at that than myself. I tend to think that yes there is more Asiatic in Europeans due to Turkic, Mongol, Hun, invasions than what is being said today.

I myself have more that "Charles Bronson" look from my Great Grandma even though I'm mostly from British Isles.
20191216_072008.jpg
20191216_072008.jpg (52.88 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
20191215_185126.jpg
20191215_185126.jpg (136.07 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
20191211_073636.jpg
20191211_073636.jpg (52.13 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
User avatar

Redbeard United States of America
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:46 pm
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 200 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Redbeard » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:30 am

Idk
Attachments
138738C9-18B0-4F6C-8A9E-C2CD740DB912.jpeg
138738C9-18B0-4F6C-8A9E-C2CD740DB912.jpeg (53.14 KiB) Viewed 2444 times
AB57F270-D2B3-46D3-BF4D-EFD36E6EB438.jpeg
AB57F270-D2B3-46D3-BF4D-EFD36E6EB438.jpeg (196.8 KiB) Viewed 2444 times
93A2552B-EC91-49F1-8E85-F836AC499A20.jpeg
93A2552B-EC91-49F1-8E85-F836AC499A20.jpeg (247.43 KiB) Viewed 2444 times

Jeep United States of America
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Jeep » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:54 pm

I have had time to think about this test last couple of days. This pretty much matches the Eurasian ancestry. Here are some photos of my Great Grandmother and Great Aunt. They absolutely looked of Asian admixture.

Correct me if wrong, but the test shows their Eurasian to be a combination of more recent admixture? I myself am mostly Scots Irish, Irish, English, Scottish but I do also have ancestors from genealogy from Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands. Thanks


FB_IMG_1576848282327.jpg
FB_IMG_1576848282327.jpg (16.53 KiB) Viewed 2418 times
FB_IMG_1576581479104.jpg
FB_IMG_1576581479104.jpg (22.99 KiB) Viewed 2416 times
User avatar

Topic author
Dilawer Pakistan
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm
Location: United States
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Dilawer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:42 am

LukaszM wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Dilawer wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:40 am
LukaszM wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:36 pm
In some calcs I have strange SSA noise. We will see what about it.

So I do have some alleles for African but it is 0%. There are too little to be counted? Dilawer can you explain those results for me?
Lukasz it's a numbers game. Yes, you don't have enough African alleles to indicate any African admixture in the past two thousand years. Keep in mind one can have a couple of alleles here or there coinsidentally simply due to random mutations.I also see that you have 2 copies of an E Asian allele. That for example would have a much lower probabllity of match due to a random event.
Ok, thank you. So East Asian is real. Do you plan to improve this test which would specify ancestry on more detailed scale. For example West Asian divided into NW euro, East Euro, Med?

That’s a possibility down the road although my next test will probably focus on ancient DNA since that’s an area where big improvements are needed based on the currently available tests out there. The calculators and tests I have seen out there by amateur bloggers seem flawed based on methodology IMO.
EurasianDNA.com - A study of the population history of Eurasia with an emphasis on the demography of West & South Asia
User avatar

Topic author
Dilawer Pakistan
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm
Location: United States
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Dilawer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:44 am

Jeep wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:31 pm
Dilawer,

I disagree with West African because I have triangulated with African American cousins at Gedmatch with a large Sub Saharan "chunk" on chrome 1. Also, the genealogy matches Harris and Stewart families and the matches are showing at 3rd cousin level.

I believe in drilling down and triangulation with your matches. I show African at Gedmatch, FTDNA, and 23andme. On your calculator I do show alles there at that same location.
Could you please elaborate a little by posting numbers from the tests you mentioned.
EurasianDNA.com - A study of the population history of Eurasia with an emphasis on the demography of West & South Asia
User avatar

Topic author
Dilawer Pakistan
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm
Location: United States
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by Dilawer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 am

Jeep wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:42 am
Then we can get into the whole is "phenotype is not genotype" debate. But you guys are better at that than myself. I tend to think that yes there is more Asiatic in Europeans due to Turkic, Mongol, Hun, invasions than what is being said today.

I myself have more that "Charles Bronson" look from my Great Grandma even though I'm mostly from British Isles.

20191216_072008.jpg

20191215_185126.jpg

20191211_073636.jpg
I agree with you. The basis of the phenotype is not genotype statement is flawed since phenotype is a byproduct of our genotype. I’m not sure who started this flawed hypothesis but it was conceivably started by someone to justify their test’s inadequate results.
EurasianDNA.com - A study of the population history of Eurasia with an emphasis on the demography of West & South Asia

jama0112 Afghanistan
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:36 pm
Gender: man
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com now

Post by jama0112 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:54 am

Dilawer wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 am
Jeep wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:42 am
Then we can get into the whole is "phenotype is not genotype" debate. But you guys are better at that than myself. I tend to think that yes there is more Asiatic in Europeans due to Turkic, Mongol, Hun, invasions than what is being said today.

I myself have more that "Charles Bronson" look from my Great Grandma even though I'm mostly from British Isles.

20191216_072008.jpg

20191215_185126.jpg

20191211_073636.jpg
I agree with you. The basis of the phenotype is not genotype statement is flawed since phenotype is a byproduct of our genotype. I’m not sure who started this flawed hypothesis but it was conceivably started by someone to justify their test’s inadequate results.
So that means although i get very similiar results to other pashtuns from my region, i'll actually be one of the most south asian leaning pashtuns(since i look pretty dark/south asian for other pashtuns from my region)?
User avatar

Topic author
Dilawer Pakistan
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm
Location: United States
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: SAPDA ancestry available at GenePlaza.com

Post by Dilawer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:58 am

Redbeard wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:30 am
Idk
I see your homozygous East African alleles. I’m not a fan of imputing missing markers since studies have shown that imputation accuracy decreases with less common alleles. However it’s done with the tests at GenePlaza because the commercial DNA tests don’t have enough overlapping markers with my tests. Unfortunately this could result in dilution of certain admixture in some individuals.
EurasianDNA.com - A study of the population history of Eurasia with an emphasis on the demography of West & South Asia
Post Reply

Return to “SAPDA test at GenePlaza.com”