What would you like to see added to yourDNAportal?

Ask questions, share ideas and discuss genetic ancestry and health. Get answers from subject matter experts.

Topic author
Sulis Great Britain
Site Admin

What would you like to see added to yourDNAportal?

Post by Sulis » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:15 am

https://www.yourdnaportal.com/

We are about to add some new free results relating to East Asian ancestry (kindly suggested by Dilawer), these will be included on the "EDAR" Page.
We are also going to be releasing 2 new comprehensive health tests focusing on mental health and the other on weight, food and response to exercise. (we will charge a few dollars for these as our servers are becoming expensive to run as our users grow in number).
(Later We plan to add an interactive profile page with a Wikitree link (so you can share your family tree etc) and eventually create a relative matching utility.)

What we are seeing with our members is that the amount of results you are receiving varies quite considerably depending on which commercial DNA raw data test you have uploaded. As we expand the content at yourDNAportal, we are considering producing our own DNA test where all the markers are included. Therefore we would like to hear from you about what really interests you and what subjects or individual SNPs you would like to see included.

If you have any Health or Ancestry suggestions please post them here. (If you know the SNP please add, if not then post the subject matter)

https://www.facebook.com/yourdnaportal/

lg16 United States of America
Ethnicity: American

Re: What would you like to see added to yourDNAportal?

Post by lg16 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:14 pm

I look forward to some new Ancestry test and would gladly pay. :)

Aoda France
Ethnicity: French & Italian
mtDNA haplogroup: W3a1

Post by Aoda » Fri May 03, 2019 11:40 am

I'd be interested in a test or calculator which includes French in its reference populations - with as many regions as possible. I know, tricky :-)

jstephan France
Ethnicity: French

Post by jstephan » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am

Agreed. Seems like French people are often considered are the whole while they aren't at all . My personal genetic results are similar to your average British man and I am just a regular western Frenchman, can't be that they is a single French population in ma top 10 distance list, with Danish and North German over it. It's cultural in our country, genetic tests are not very common so we lack of samples. The French melting pot make it hard to identify who we are. I often heard this joke: Put a British, a German, some Scandinavian, an Italian, a Spaniard in a blender and you will get your average Frenchman but seems like it's true and I am the prove of it 😁

jstephan France

Post by jstephan » Sat May 11, 2019 3:53 am

Agreed.

jstephan France

Post by jstephan » Mon May 13, 2019 7:18 pm

In the health section would be great to be able to check all the DNA based allergies related to food. In the ancestry section would be great to have a section for south Americans including all the pre Hispanic tribes (quechuas, mapuches ....). A friend of mine has Amerindian ancestry but cannot identify the exact tribe his ancestors come from, I don't know if such a calculator already exist.

Aoda France
Ethnicity: French & Italian
mtDNA haplogroup: W3a1

Post by Aoda » Mon May 13, 2019 7:48 pm

jstephan wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am
Agreed. Seems like French people are often considered are the whole while they aren't at all . My personal genetic results are similar to your average British man and I am just a regular western Frenchman, can't be that they is a single French population in ma top 10 distance list, with Danish and North German over it. It's cultural in our country, genetic tests are not very common so we lack of samples. The French melting pot make it hard to identify who we are. I often heard this joke: Put a British, a German, some Scandinavian, an Italian, a Spaniard in a blender and you will get your average Frenchman but seems like it's true and I am the prove of it 😁
LOL, that's true. I hope DNA testing will soon be authorized in France.
Besides, when you look at this map of ancient DNA samples, you see there's a huge blank area in France. We really do need ancient samples from France!
https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/an ... 225/12.316

jstephan France

Post by jstephan » Mon May 13, 2019 10:25 pm

True. I posted my raw DNA on another website with ancient samples and the only match I got from France was a gladiator Lombard from southern France, and it was distant compare to all the the British and Scandinavians samples. This maybe right but I would like to see matches from ancient tribes that settle in France too. I know France has a very complex history, basically we received nearly any nearby tribes and we share borders with so many countries but would be nice to identify more with ancient tribes that really settle in our country. Time will do it I think.

Topic author
Sulis Great Britain
Site Admin

Post by Sulis » Tue May 14, 2019 3:23 pm

CmMZyHuYSrC%MeG1%+rnhg_thumb_4b13.jpg
CmMZyHuYSrC%MeG1%+rnhg_thumb_4b13.jpg (33.01 KiB) Viewed 3403 times

This evening (U.K. time) or tomorrow we are adding an oracle (by Lukasz Macuga) with 477 ancient genomes for K36 admix Calculator (by Davidski).

jstephan France

Post by jstephan » Tue May 14, 2019 7:55 pm

Awesome, thanks for this Sulis, can't wait 😊

Return to “Welcome to the new independent yourDNAportal forum”