British ancestry

Ask questions, share ideas and discuss genetic ancestry and health. Get answers from subject matter experts.

Topic author
miarosie Great Britain

British ancestry

Post by miarosie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:55 pm

Hi, can somebody please help me understand if there is perhaps a possibility of my father being british or not. I only know that he is half Middle Eastern. But here is a breakdown of my maternal ancestry. My maternal Grandmother is Welsh, her mother is Irish, my great great grandmother is Irish, my great great grandfather was born in Wales but his parents are Norwegian, my grandmothers side of the family have a seemingly long history of Irish ancestry. My maternal grandfather was born in Wales, his father was Lithuanian and my grandfathers mother was born in Wales, her parents were Welsh and English with a long line of English ancestry as well. Here are my K15 results:

North Sea 29.21%

Atlantic 19.03%

Baltic 8.84%

Eastern European 10.39%

West Mediterranean 5.96%

West Asian 4.32%

East Mediterranean 11.68%

Red Sea 6.13%

South Asian 0.00%

Southeast-Asian 0.00%

Siberian 0.00%

Amerindian 0.00%

Oceanian 1.09%

Northeast African 3.35%

Sub-Saharan 0.00%

Arcadiaville
Ethnicity: British Isles Mostly

Re: British ancestry

Post by Arcadiaville » Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 am

Could you clarify your father's ancestry or your question? Do you know with certainty that your father is half middle-eastern? Or, is that what you are trying to sort-out via the DNA ancestry tests? Are you trying to confirm if he looks half British on these admixture tests or if there is some other ancestry in the lineage?

Based on Eurogenes population chart for this calculator, he does how a slightly higher-than-average E. Med score for typical British sample. What are his 2-population mixes on the Eurogenes K13, K15 as this might illuminate on mixed-ancestry.

Bradlitt India

Re: British ancestry

Post by Bradlitt » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:32 am

Great Information.Thanks for sharing

Return to “Welcome to the new independent yourDNAportal forum”